BlackLocus is building cloud-based analytic tools to optimize and automate pricing, assortment and product info. By applying machine learning and revenue management techniques, the BlackLocus platform enables intelligent retail software to identify opportunities for competitive advantage. The company was a venture-funded startup, founded by Carnegie Mellon alumni and entrepreneurs with a passion for creative deployment of new technology. Acquired by The Home Depot in December of 2012, we operate with autonomy as a product lab from an office located in downtown Austin, TX.
About The Role:
The primary role of this position is to develop and support business intelligence and ensure data quality with our customers. Our customers are business users internal to The Home Depot. In this role you will apply techniques and methods that are appropriate, effective and leading-edge.
▪ Developing data intelligence and in-house knowledge on competitive pricing and assortment
▪ Building data quality reports and developing a system to automatically monitor key metrics and generate alerts
▪ Reviewing and presenting progress on data intelligence and quality metrics to key stakeholders on a regular basis
▪ Fulfilling ad hoc requests/reports and developing automated solutions when needed by customer or internal teams
▪ Working closely with engineering and product teams to fix any data quality issues and look for better ways to implement Analytics solutions with innovative technology/methodology
The primary requirement for this role is a solid training in quantitative fields, such as statistics, economics, and MIS. The Business Intelligence Analyst should be able to solve analytic and software problems, think creatively and work effectively with teams of professionals engaged in tackling real-world business problems.
• Bachelor degree with 3-5 years industrial experience in Statistics, Data Mining, or related discipline
• Solid experience in database management (MS SQL, MySQL, Postgres, etc)
• Strong team player
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Curious and interested in learning about the core challenges facing The Home Depot, then mining the data for solutions